Friday, July 13, 2012

Two different points of views


When I was a kid, I always think why people have different perception of life. I keep asking myself why it is like that. During my elementary years, many of my classmates often been absent in the class, some didn’t even return for good. There was a time that I met my old classmate in the market and I asked why he didn’t go to school for weeks. He answered me, he said “Indi ey ako ging sugtan ni papa mageskwela, siling nida, maarado yangey ako sa boker” (My father wouldn’t allowed me anymore to attend to school, It might be good if I help him in the farm) –he is Ariel. I felt sad for him. That was the time when I realized that not all of us are blessed to be living in a normal and stable life. There was also a friend of mine that happened to be belongs in a well-off family in our province. Not different from my other classmates, he is always absent. Not because his father wouldn’t want to, but he prefer be. He doesn’t want to go to school. He is wasting the allowance that his parents are giving to him. When I ask why he is doing that, he said “Meron nga akong pera, nasusunod ng mga magulang ko ang aking luho, pero wala naman sila sa tabi ko kung kailangan ko sila” (I have money, my parents can buy me whatever I want, but they are not here for me when I needed them). 

Every one of us has different perceptions in life. There are times that we avoid to hear the comments of other people. But even though we stick in our what we so called PRIDE, there is still some times that we let those to be thrown away to adapt for the betterment of our lives and with the help of our friends.

No comments: