Thursday, January 26, 2023

The Person I Never Was

I was the person I never was,
Held back by fear and lack of trust,
I let holdbacks, fear of failure,
And the fear of judgment rules my behavior.

I longed for support, but it never came,
And so my dreams and aspirations remained the same,
I wish I could have done so much more,
To be the person I was meant to be, but I was unsure.

I let my doubts and insecurities control,
And my potential was left unfulfilled, a story untold,
But now I see, it's never too late,
To break free from the chains and change my fate.

I'll rise above the fears that held me back,
And push forward, on a new track,
I'll be the person I was meant to be,
And reach for my dreams, wild and free.

So let this be a lesson to all,
Never let fear and doubts take the fall,
For we are capable of so much more,
If we just open the door.




I've always had a bit of a dreamer inside me, someone who wanted to explore and take risks but was held back by fear of rejection and failure. Growing up, I didn't have the most supportive environment. I was often met with negativity and criticism which made me even more hesitant to take risks.

But as I got older, I realized that the person I never was, is not someone to regret or resent. This person is just a reflection of the journey I've been on and the lessons I've learned along the way. I understood that the only way to become who I want to be is to face my fears and insecurities head-on and surround myself with people who will encourage and inspire me to chase my dreams.

I may have been held back by fear, lack of support, and naivety, but I'm determined to break through those barriers and become the best version of myself. Now, I'm taking the necessary steps to build a supportive environment and face my fears. I'm learning to trust and open up to others, taking risks and stepping out of my comfort zone, and I'm slowly but surely becoming the person I always wanted to be. And honestly, it feels pretty good!


No comments: