Friday, March 22, 2024

Void in Existence (A short story)

I was walking down the alley of the streets and going back home. Holding the black folding umbrella while the sky is pouring. I had thoughts that kept running into my mind. 

What will I do next? Do I have a plan for myself? Am I just messing with everyone's lives? --- These thoughts weren't here, supposedly, to stay. But it won't leave. 


I reached my house. It was dark, silent, and empty. Its vibes creep me so hard that I am just staying there as I have no other choice. Its darkness is just about the light, but the spirit it imbibes in me. It feels like it is swallowing me whole without even hesitating to stop. Its silence does the opposite as it keeps the unnecessary noises filling my mind. Its emptiness feels like I'm in a desert, alone. 


This was the life that I was living. 


Then, a pandemic happened. The emptiness grew bigger as I was trapped in my house for months. 


As the pandemic unfolded, the emptiness that had once lingered within the walls of my house seemed to seep into every aspect of my existence. Each day blurred into the next, and the once-familiar routine became a monotonous cycle of solitude.


Alone with my thoughts, I found myself questioning the very essence of my existence. Was I merely a bystander in my own life, watching as the world moved on without me? The weight of uncertainty bore down on me like a heavy cloak, suffocating any semblance of hope or purpose.


With each passing day, the walls of my isolation seemed to close in around me, amplifying the echoes of my uninvited thoughts. What if I had never found my place in this world? What if I had been destined to wander, forever searching for something that remained just out of reach?


The emptiness became a void, swallowing me whole and leaving me adrift in a sea of solitude. And as the days turned into weeks, and the weeks into months, I realized that the greatest battle I had faced was not against the external forces that sought to confine me, but against the demons that had lurked within the recesses of my mind. 


With that, it happened.


No comments: