Saturday, October 7, 2023

Unspoken Melodies

In 2017, by the chapel,
You'd see,
A distant admiration,
A mystery to me.

You’re my favorite,
The one who brings delight,
With you, my world’s aglow,
So brilliantly bright.

Our meetups, though brief,
I eagerly await,
Even if it seemed.
You weren’t equally elate.

I’d find excuses,
Just to be near your grace,
In your presence,
My heart found its special place.

Once, the ocean’s beauty
Would suffice,
Now, I yearn to watch it with you,
My paradise.

I’d sing songs on Facebook,
Meant for your ears,
But expressing my feelings,
I battled with fears.

Nonetheless, I’m content,
As friends, we’ll remain,
I hope you won’t ignore,
Don’t cause me more pain.

I’m sorry, I’m persistent,
I can be a pest,
But it’s because I care,
I must confess.

When asked,
“One song you relate to?” I’d say,
“I Like You So Much And You’ll Know It,”
In my own way.

Now, my favorite tunes are
“Pahinga” and “Kung Pwede Lang,”
As I pour out these unspoken words,
In this heartfelt song.

In those moments we shared,
Laughter would ensue,
Time spent with you felt too short,
It’s true.

Your smile, a beacon,
In my darkest night,
With you,
The world felt perfectly right.

But life’s path is winding,
Takes its own course,
Our connection’s grown distant,
It’s taken its course.

I’ve learned to release
The obsession’s grip,
Embrace the journey,
No matter how it may flip.

It’s not about possession
Or dreams that won’t cease,
It’s cherishing memories,
Finding inner peace.

So, here’s to you, my dear friend,
Forever in my heart,
No matter where we are,
We’ll never truly part.

Our story continues,
Though in a different light,
In the chapters ahead,
Still beautiful and bright.

For in friendship,
I’ve found a love that’s so pure,
And these unspoken words,
I’ll forever ensure.

No comments: